Burj Al Arab, one of the most iconic landmarks of Dubai located 280 m from the Jumeirah Beach was opened in 1999. Built on a separate private island, the hotel is inspired by the Dhow or the sail boat, which makes it unique in itself. Looming over the skyline of Dubai, Burj Al Arab was touted as the World's only 7 star hotel. The hotel offers a luxurious experience that is beyond one’s imagination.
The triangular shape of the building was initially a complex task to design and build. However, engineers and architects have created a masterpiece that not only offers panoramic views of the gulf and the city of Dubai but also provides unprecedented luxury for those that can spend lavishly.
Burj Al Arab has the tallest atrium in the world rising up to 182 meters through the building’s interior. The hotel has 202 rooms spread over 56 floors above the ground and 3 floors below. There are 9 lounges and restaurants that are spread throughout the hotel. These offer the best of cuisines from around the world.
There are 2 indoor pools, an outdoor pool and a private beach at the hotel. You can consider luxury redefined at the Burj Al Arab as there is a complete full time spa for the guests.
Facts & Figures about Burj Al Arab
- The rooms at the Burj Al Arab are no ordinary rooms but luxury suites that have more to offer than what you can think of. Even the smallest suite at the hotel covers 169 square meters of area. The largest suite is spread across 780 square meters.
- There are several amenities at each floor of the hotel that include reception desks, Jacuzzis, rain showers and others with each suit.
- Situated 210 m from the ground, there is a helipad at the roof of the hotel.
- The hotels’ lighting changes every half hour; going from white to different colors, giving a panoramic view of the hotel. The light show organized at the hotel has several colors interchanging rapidly giving the exteriors stunning look.
- Located around 660 ft or 200 m above the Persian Gulf, the Al Muntaha restaurant of the hotel gives an impressive view of the skyline of Dubai.
- There are 18 elevators at the hotel with the fastest having the speed of 7 m/s.
- It is said that the cost of building the hotel was so much that even the promoters or builders are not sure about the total cost of the hotel.
- Opulence gets redefined at the hotel as the hotel rooms/suites offer complimentary Wi-Fi, widescreen HD TV that is interactive, 21 inch iMac, iPad, Bose media hub and iPhone docking station besides the other usual things.
- Entry to the hotel is either by reservation or by invitation. Guests can either take the dedicated helicopter service or the chauffeur driven Rolls Royce cars of the hotel.
Luxury Activities at Burj Al Arab
Luxury and opulence are synonymous with Burj Al Arab. There is nothing small when you are at the hotel as everything seems larger than life. Whether it is the prince’s suite or the new terrace, you will be left agape after seeing the grandeur and sophistication. You can pursue the following luxury activities when at the hotel:
Sky View Bar
Ideal for those that love to have afternoon cocktails and tea, the Sky View Bar is located or to say suspended 200 from the sea level. The views of the city as well as the gulf are stunning. The interiors are so well done that for once you will forget that you are enjoying your drink at such a height.
Guests can dine in any of the 9 fine dine restaurants and lounges of the hotel. Each of these restaurants serves the best of dishes from around the world.
If you are looking for some soulful pampering then must get yourself a reservation at the Talise Spa. Not only does the spa use the best products from around the world, but it also gives you royal treatment through each of its spa packages. There are separate facilities for men and women with both having access to indoor infinity pools, steam and sauna rooms, hot tub and treatment rooms, plunge pools and other relaxation areas.
Wild Wadi Waterpark
Guests staying at the Burj Al Arab have complimentary access to the water park that is located at a 5-minute walking distance. The hotel offers shuttle services for to the water park.
Prices at Burj Al Arab
There is no denying the fact that staying at the Burj Al Arab could be the dream of many as it is definitely expensive. However, if you consider the luxury and grandeur that it offers, you will not find it expensive. The price of the suites at the Burj Al Arab start from INR 1,50,000 and could go up to INR 3,50,000 per night. The rates may vary as per the season you are visiting Dubai or according to the package that you might have taken, if there is requirement for more than one room.